Saturday, December 1, 2007

Gorilla Buttons and the Ha Ha Ha

Earlier this summer, I grabbed a parenting book from the library that introduced me to the concept of "gorilla buttons." These are the things that our children do that annoy us more than anything else and cause us to react in negative ways. The book listed several examples, all of which were things that make me see red (yikes!). Thus, The Jolly Mama, and a renewed awareness of calm, was born.

Tonight our little family went to the mall. Brett and I had both had a long day already. There were crowds. Stress levels were high. After feeling a little cranky, sighing more than an adult really should, I remembered a super important meditation. I call it the "Ha ha ha" breath - to do it simply say "Ha ha ha" until you are laughing. It works like a charm!

1 comment:

The Jolly Mama said...

Why didn't I remember the damn hahaha at the library yesterday?!?!