Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hasty Update

I have so so much I want to blog about but only a tiny amount of time. Since the posts have been rather scanty lately, I thought I would take a moment for a hasty update. By the way, I love those two adjectives and I am thrilled that I get to use them.

I am quickly boiling some pasta because I work at the little green apron store tonight, the second night in a row as we count down to Christmas. As we approach the holiday, the customers are becoming testier. I don't know if it is a lack of vitamin D in the shape of sunshine contributing to their bad mood, or just mall traffic, but I do know that I am psychologically much healthier today than I ever have been. Their complaints roll off my back because I have a strong sense of self. To the customer who asked "Are you knowledgeable about the products or are you just a door person?" I would have liked to have said "I am not just anything" but I did not and that's okay.

Griffin turned five (more on that later). John Edwards, my candidate for President, is featured on the cover of Newsweek as the potential surprise winner (oh, I can only dream). I finished reading Screamfree Parenting - the first parenting book I have ever read cover to cover. Britney Spears' mother was slated to write a parenting book ... but now that her 16-year-old sister is pregnant that has been put on hold (I might have read that book just for the "this is what you should not do" aspect). I have begun my freelance career gig. Bela is up from her nap now so I must go. Adieu.

No comments: