Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Tinsel, The Trappings

Whew! We made it through the whole christmas season. Our tree went back into the box whence it came this afternoon.

It was wonderful to spend time with our families over the long weekend. My brother and his family were here as well as Brett's brother from Chicago (either I have not yet created an "alias" for Brett, or I have decided that the whole privacy issue is moot) plus both sets of parents. It was truly a beautiful experience to have everyone together, eating my mom's good food (yep, she catered) and enjoying each other's company. Sadly, the Up North branch of our family tree was fevered and contagious. We are hoping to see them this weekend!

We have lots of cool new toys at our house. Some of Browniefoot's faves were his Robo-Raptor, which he has named King George the Third (hahaha) and a spy kit that issues a high-pitched alert when someone enters his room. BooBoo likes her Itty Bitty Baby by American Girl and some singing character toys that Santa brought her - Spiderman and Pizza Elmo.

Brett and I have a Wii! It is loads of fun but, most importantly, has helped me to realize some areas of personal growth I have overlooked, namely not being a big baby sore loser when I consistently do not win at tennis. Grrrrrr....

I also used some much-appreciated xmas cash to buy the December issue of Yoga Journal. Check out their website to subscribe to the (FREE!) daily newsletter of yoga and meditation tips.

No comments: