Friday, November 16, 2007

An Ode to My Cold

Marcy Playground wrote a song about having a cold. In general I am not a big fan of their's (their one big, breakout hit was "Sex and Candy" which just grossed me out, for some reason). So for the past ten years I have wondered about the title of this other, cooler song. I've even done a few google searches, yielding nothing, until today, when I am so utterly sick of being sick.

Here is a link to the video for "It's Saturday" on YouTube -- to hear the song without the annoying stuff at the beginning of the video, click in by about 40 seconds. The line "I've got some kind of disease," has practically been my hypochondriac mantra!

I also like MIA's "Paper Planes". The song has a sweet, floaty girl voice that hip hops weird lyrics mixed with fun sound effects.

One more YouTube video, that actually relates to being a mom, from my college roommate Sara, who is also now a mom. To my mom, if you watch any of these videos, watch this ONE!! Funny, funny stuff....

No comments: