Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mr. Monocles

About a year ago, Griffin created a character named "Mr. Monocles." Sometimes he is a good guy and sometimes he is not. Lately, perhaps in the last week or so, Griff has started wearing monocles, squeezing tiny, round toys into the bones of his eye socket. I remember doing this when I was a kid, too. For him, a big part of it has to do with Batman's foe, the Penguin. A long time ago, I read that it is normal for young children to pretend to be the bad guy because it makes something very scary less so, and gives them a sense of control.

Turns out, by the way, the thing I needed to finally recover from the cold from hell was ... SLEEP! I got some this weekend, taking naps in the afternoon both days, and sleeping in on Sunday morning. Yay! Unfortunately, Bela was awake a big part of last night. I'm not sure what was up with that. Teeth? Stomach upset? Hunger?

In the neverending saga of my phone troubles, I am out of minutes for the month of November. The new minutes start next Tuesday. I will have to increase my plan. Grrrr...

No comments: