Thursday, November 15, 2007

Green Goo

I have had a cold forever. For so long, in fact, that I'm no longer counting days, but weeks. It is sort of in my head. It is sort of in my chest. Mostly, it is right in between the two hemispheres of my body, right in my throat chakra.

This morning I had had enough of the whining and tattle-telling that characterize Griffin's current relationship with his baby sister. He ripped a toy from her hands, lost control of it, and it landed on my head, which in retrospect is kind of amusing. When I sent him to a timeout, my voice was so deep it scared me, all because of the gooey stuff stuck in my throat.

Griffin likely has the same cold, or a variant, as I do. Poor little kid! He has been very sensitive the past few days. I am quite certain that the cold has been a contributive factor to his crankiness towards his sissy. He has also been very sensitive with his friends at school, and cried twice yesterday when they were chasing him in the yard. He did a great job of telling his teachers what was happening and asking them for help. Their response was equally great - they told the children that their rough games were not making Griffin feel safe. "Safe" is a term that 4- and 5-year olds really GET.

I tell the children to rest, but here I am, not napping with my one and only chance.

Ooh, but there is a story about green pest control on Day to Day right now. Hmmm.. I wonder if Orkin would consider some of these tactics for ridding my home of its ant population? The integrative pest management companies they are profiling on NPR do cool stuff like bug birth control, bug vacuums, and a bug-sniffing dog.

No comments: