Thursday, October 25, 2007

Round Up

Some new family traditions have begun this fall and I have been intending to write about them for awhile now. So, with no further adieu, here is my tops list:
1.) the MSU Homecoming Parade was great this year! Highlights included Griffin shouting "Obama, Obama" as the College Democrats passed and the giant bookworm float.
2) the Great Pumpkin Walk, trick-or-treating on Thursday night before Halloween at downtown East Lansing businesses. Afterwards, the four of us went out to dinner at Dublin Square, an Irish themed restaurant in the former Evergreen Grill.
3) a massage from Molly who has been my friend for 20 years. She has created an amazing space at the Universal Healing Center in our hometown. I am so proud of her!
4) CHARM! Griffin laying it on at Grandma Beth's retirement party. He stuck with her through most of the party, enchanting her colleagues and friends. Both kids were at their best after the Great Pumpkin Walk, leading one fellow diner at Dublin Square to comment that they were "the best behaved kids" she had ever encountered, including her own. I'm certainly not bragging as I give all the credit to them... and I realize that next time we are out in public the review may not be so favorable.

No comments: