Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Kripalu Catalog

The Kripalu Catalog came today. No, actually it arrived in yesterday's mail but I only now looked through it.

I was feeling down -- the sort of down, Down, DOWN that just gains momentum if you don't figure out some way to start smiling again. The analytical part of my brain knows that, surely, this is hormonal, seasonal, and a symptom of exhaustion. I was awoken more times than I can remember last night by crying bebes (Bela is cutting some serious molars; Griffin got up, was disoriented, and knocked over his fan - he was very frightened!).

What I realized as I skimmed through the new catalog, seeing all the peaceful faces, the radiant souls illuminated, is that my "fitness level 2" yoga classes at the MAC are seriously ruining my enjoyment of yoga. I am really not doing yoga to do endless downward facing dogs or to have a tight booty. My soul wears a thong.

So I'm going to fake a smile, and try to catch a nap. Upward momentum, OMmmmm!

No comments: