Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm a People Person

So I have this, shall we say, habit that makes Brett cringe. He thinks it is because I am from a small town, however, I believe that it is something else. Anyway, I am fairly convinced that I met one of my neighbors when I was a teenager. "Met" is a strong word for the instance. I was a teenager, she was a college student. We were at the mall. She was wearing a very cool leather jacket. I, as teenagers tend to do, wanted one just like it and asked her where she bought it. She was incredibly kind but did not know. The man she was with was on the move. She had to go. Could it actually be my neighbor? Brett would scoff. But, you would be amazed how often this intuition of mine is dead-on accurate. The only facts of which I am certain are that it was more than 15 years ago and we were in Kalamazoo. How do you ask that question??? If I figure it out, I'll let you know. If you're out there, dear reader, please comment on whether you think this is crazy/silly talk.

By the way, the email function works! Check out this site to sign up to receive notifications by email http://www.shootthebreeze.net/blogalert/index.php. Copy and paste this address into the url line: http://thejollymama.blogspot.com/atom.xml. Thanks to my friends AMy and John for teaching me this nifty trick!

2 comments:

Lindsay Wilkinson Photography said...

Fascinating! Dying to know who that neighbor might be.

The Jolly Mama said...

I thought it was Steph, but she wasn't in Michigan back then. Although really it was such a brief encounter, even if she had been here then, how would she have remembered it?
BTW thanks for the photos in my mailbox! I hope you guys had a good time Up North!