Friday, February 8, 2008

Slings & Arrows

There is no dignity in parenting. I knew this yesterday when I pretended Bela's boot was a telephone as we walked through Target (it was so much better to receive funny looks from strangers about the boot than the evil glares that I was getting when she was screaming). I knew it this morning when Griffin hollered for me to come in the bathroom because he still had a "poopy bottom."

Dr. Harvey Karp, the Happiest Baby maker, is profiled in the Well column on NYTimes today. This piece makes it sound like Karp just wrote Caveman Chronicles, er, I mean Happiest Toddler on the Block, but Brett & I were practitioners of it three years ago when G-man was in his terrific twos. I read most of the book and thankfully there is a DVD that we were able to check out from ELPL. Now Karp needs to write Happiest Gradeschooler on the Block and we'll be all set again for a few years.

No comments: