Friday, January 25, 2008

Harry Potter

Different people in my life have been assigned character likenesses from the Harry Potter series.

Obviously, I am Lily. Which, one might assume, makes Griff Harry. But lately I've been thinking he is more Sirius Black. Among the many funny things he tells me on a daily basis [Tangent: the other day it was that he wants to be a billionaire when he grows up; today, that he doesn't want to get married, he just wants a butler.], he recently told me that he is part dog. And remember this is the boy who renamed himself Browniefoot, not too far off from Padfoot. I wonder what that indicates about our family, if anything....

My former boss would be Voldemort, which sounds really awful until one remembers that Voldemort was extremely powerful and had a loyal following among his members. And, of course, he took Lily away from her precious boy, which in a sense describes how I felt about working full-time. Big sigh. Lynn, however, is Dumbledore, without a doubt, as he reaffirmed my belief in the Democratic party.

Anyway, here are two links for Harry Potter fan fiction websites that my good friend Amy passed my way.

http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/book/Harry_Potter/

Congratulations to Amy, John, and little man Jake! They are expecting another baby in July, a little bit too early for my birthday or Harry/JK Rowling's but so exciting nonetheless!!

No comments: