Wednesday, December 23, 2009

TJM Rides (Writes) Again!

I guess I'm on a roll for here I am again. There's work to do (I'm at the office) but I'm procrastinating because it means sorting out a wee bit of a mess.

I've learned a great deal about myself during this painful year of change. I am idealistic, optimistic, and not too concerned about details. My moon is in Sagittarius. My love archetype is builder. I love sports (who knew?) and I'm happiest when I spend time outdoors, preferably with kids or animals. There's still a lot to learn and, like the thing with details, once I learn something about myself then I can begin to adapt and become better.

This year has also offered the opportunity to do new things, like have a real Christmas tree and use dryer sheets. I live alone 38% of the time; moved into an adorable duplex in the student ghetto almost single-handedly (thanks for moving the big stuff dad!); and made an offer on a house of my own all by myself. Apparently I'm becoming an independent woman.

My friends have taken on a more prominent role in my life, as I knew they would if I was going to make it across this bridge. Facebook helped me connect with others even when I felt otherwise alone. I started texting this past year (late to the party but here finally) and just this week figured out how to twitter from my phone. Follow me at mamamcarrie.

Also, for someone so completely open, I realize some things are very private. Or I am a bit shy. Or I just haven't dated in 15 years. But some things are harder to talk about than others. Even though those things are easy to experience and fill me with happiness. So, anyhoo, maybe I'll keep on as the Jolly Mama, now that I really am kinda the sort of happy-go-lucky person that would create a persona called the Jolly Mama. Life is good!

No comments: