Wednesday, September 3, 2008

58 Minutes

That's how long until I pick Griffin up from kindergarten. Yesterday, the official "first" day of school was an open house and we stayed together. Today, however, is the first "day" that he is attending by himself. Half the class went in the a.m. (the half that has all his buddies, oddly enough). Since our last name is toward the end of the alphabet, Griff went this afternoon. One mom cried when the kids lined up at the door. Personally, it was too f-ing hot (95 degrees, according to one source) for me to think about anything other than coming home to take a shower. I am feeling unsettled though. I miss him. I can't wait to get up there to pick him up and find out how his day went. I'm sure he is fine, but I'm anxious nonetheless. Surprising, I suppose, since he has been in some sort of child care since he was ten months old. One might think I would be used to sharing him with the world...and I am, but school seems like such a different world. Anyway, a couple photos from yesterday:




No comments: