Monday, June 23, 2008

Toads and More

We have a new pet at our house--a Fowler's toad named, appropriately enough, Toadie. Griffin has been keeping him for the past week, eagerly showing him to visitors, and tonight Bela overcame her squeamishness enough to hold him. Our exuberant love of Toadie is not in his best interests. Soon we will need to release him back into the wild. Griffin, however, is not ready to say goodbye.

The CSA had perfect red ripe strawberries last week. Yippee!!!

My yoga mat has not been unfurled in many months, but lately I've been doing a sun salutation when I get to work. At least on the days that I get to work before everybody else. Summer hours rock! It's a fairly quick maneuver but it improves my concentration. Here's a fascinating article that I barely read today about distraction in the workplace. I have noticed that I easily get caught in the world wide web when I'm editing a tricky passage. This is my theme song.

In closing, Bela has slept in a toddler bed for the past week, which means when she is ready to get up in the morning, she comes and finds me. Vive le difference! She awoke before Griffin this a.m. At the grocery store last night, we saw Mrs. Foster, the secretary at Griffin's elementary school. When I told her his first name, she knew who he was!!! Approximately 10 weeks until kindergarten! One last song.

No comments: