Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spidey Sense

My cousin Pam sent me this link last night: http://www.familywatchdog.us/ with the message "Meet Your Neighbor."

It is a link to the national sex offender registry - and there's a big, bad creepy dude down the street. Not technically my neighborhood but close enough to where we live that I had nightmares all night.

Earlier this year, I went running near there after the kids were down for the night. Being a pathetic runner, I prefer the cover of darkness to mask my embarrassment. But as I turned towards the field (and the apartment complex where this bad dude lives), I became extraordinarily uncomfortable. Call it my spidey sense but I turned around and went back home.

I urge all of you to check out the link, even if you've already looked before.

No comments: